Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – 8 week course
NEW COURSE DATES – Book now using the links on the right
Participants will develop insight into their emotions, thoughts and sensations, becoming less caught up in habitual response patterns. Simple techniques like sitting meditation and gentle movement help us to become more focussed, aware, relaxed and present. Researchers and participants have reported the following as benefits of mindfulness training:
- greater insight and self-awareness
- more useful responses to stressful situations and unpleasant experiences
- better concentration and creativity
- improved self-confidence
- greater friendliness to oneself and others
- improved physical health
- a fresher relationship to our experience and the world around us
Each week, participants are given homework assignments, including practice of the exercises taught in the classes. You will get the most from the course if you are able to make this commitment to home practice. You will learn to bring mindfulness into your daily life, whether walking to work, eating breakfast or taking a shower. The homework will help to embed the practices in your life so that you can continue to develop mindfulness skills once the course has ended, leading to lasting change.
- How to overcome stress and anxiety
- How to breathe into the ‘now’ rather than focusing on your past or future
- Breath and body awareness
- Gentle mindful movement
- Simple practices that you can build into daily life
- How to develop a deeper kindness for yourself
- How to enjoy a truly fulfilling life, regardless of external factors.
The course costs £195 and there are a small number of concessions for students/ low-waged/ unemployed.
Next Daytime Course
Dates: Tuesday 6th March for 8 consecutive weeks
Times: 09:45am – 11:45am
Location: The Breathing Space Studio, Home Grange Craft Village, Wokingham.
Places available: 12